Kokeshi Doll Pin Cushion from Cohana
A charming pincushion disguised as a traditional kokeshi doll from northern Japan. In snowy Tsugaru, woodworkers started to carve small dolls called kokeshi as souvenirs for tourists to the region's famous hot springs.
Each doll opens to reveal a hidden pincushion and comes with three quality needles from Meboso Hachirobei Shoten.
The doll's base is magnetic to easily pick up fallen pins and needles.
Doll: 90mm high, 30mm diameter.
Needles: 36.4mm long, 0.71mm thickness
How to Care for you Doll:
- Kokeshi dolls are made of natural wood, so there are differences in color and grain. Also, as the years go by, the white bark gradually changes to a lighter color. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Facial expressions are hand-painted by craftsmen, so there are individual differences.
- It may fade when exposed to direct sunlight or strong lighting for a long time.
- The surface is coated with lacquer, but if you polish it with wet hands or a cloth, the color may fade.When cleaning, please polish it with a dry cloth.
- The joint may not close or loosen due to humidity or temperature changes. Please keep it closed.
- Please use away from things that are affected by magnetism, such as personal computers, mobile phones, and electronic devices.
- Do not use the needle for anything other than sewing
- The needle tip is sharp and dangerous, so be careful when handling lost needles.
- After use, wipe off sweat and grease to prevent rust.
- Be careful not to let the needles get stuck in the needle pincushion.
- This product is for needle holder only. Do not use it for any other purpose.
- Keep out of reach of infants.
FREE delivery on all orders within the UK over £49!
Standard Delivery UK – £3.95
Express Delivery UK – £10.95
Next day delivery for orders placed before 1pm Monday – Thursday. Orders received on Friday before 1pm will arrive with you on Monday. Orders placed over the weekend will be sent on Monday to arrive on Tuesday. Please bear in mind that we do not open on Bank Holidays. This service is trackable, and will require a signature.
Europe – £7.25
Royal Mail International Standard Shipping – 5 – 14 working days depending on the location. For urgent European orders please contact us first. Not trackable.
Rest of the World
Small Parcels Less than 0.49kg £9 (approx 1 or 2 kits)
Medium Parcels 0.5 to 0.99kg £15
Large Parcels 1 to 1.99kg £30
Heavy Parcels 2kg + £65+
Royal Mail International Standard Shipping – 5 – 14 working days depending on the location. For urgent International orders please contact us first. Not trackable.
Please review to our International Sales Policy before placing an order.
If you are placing a large order and would like your package to have insurance, please contact us before ordering for a quote. The cost will depend on the package and the location.
Sewing Machine Delivery
Sewing machine delivery is FREE within the UK, excluding Highlands and Islands.
The courier surcharge is approximately £25.
Unfortunately we do not ship sewing machines internationally.