The Estuary Skirt is a beginner-friendly, body-friendly skirt pattern that you'll feel like wearing every day of the week. It comes in sizes 0-30 and features a comfortable elastic back. The button front placket, which can be sewn with buttonholes OR as a faux, buttonhole-free placket, makes this skirt a great project for all levels of sewists.
Wear it with plain or graphic knit tees, woven Strata Tops, or warm it up in the winter with a cropped sweater or sweatshirt, leggings and boots. Effortless outfits. And big ol' pockets - instructions for either patch pockets or in-seam pockets are provided. The skirt can also be lengthened or shortened to your heart's content.
US 0 – 30 (approx. UK 8 – 30). Please check the size chart and finished garment measurements.
Mid-weight linens and linen blends, soft cottons, silk noil, rayon challis, cotton ikat, and light- to mid-weight chambray or denim.
Note that if you want to lengthen the skirt beyond the provided midi length (25-1/4” (64 cm)), you will need to purchase extra fabric. When adding length, for each inch of added length, add 5” (13 cm) of length to your fabric requirement. Also, extra fabric may be required if your chosen fabric is directional or has a nap, or for design matching.
Sizes 0 – 8:
• 45” (115 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/2 yards (2.25 m)
• 54” (137 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/4 yards (2 m)
Sizes 10 – 30:
• 45” (115 cm) wide fabric: 3-1/4 yards (3 m)
• 54” (137 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/2 yards (2.25 m)
You will also need:
- 5/8” (1.6 cm) buttons OR 3/4” (1.9 cm) buttons
- 1-1/2” (3.8 cm)-wide soft elastic for back waistband
- Optional Wonder Tape, 1/4” (0.6 cm)-wide, approx. 4 yards (3.7 m)
Ability: Easy /Confident Beginner