This is a quick tote designed with a few optional add-ons if you’re feeling up to it. Otherwise, it is beautiful and useful in its simplicity as is.
Canvas or waxed canvas (7-10 oz.) for exterior fabric, quilting cotton for lining
If using waxed canvas (8-10 oz.), reduce fusible woven interfacing to 1 ¼ yd and do not interface exterior fabric pieces.
* if using non-directional exterior fabric reduce to 2/3 yd [61 cm]
You will need:
- 1 yd* [91.4 cm] Exterior Fabric
- 2/3 yd [61 cm] Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 2 yds [1.9 m] Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (Optional) 3/4” [18mm] magnetic snap, for top closure
- (Optional) (1) size 24 metal snap, for Front Pocket
- (Optional) (1) 20" [51 cm] zipper, for recessed zipper closure
- (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide leather straps OR (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide cotton webbing, for Handles
Additional supplies & tools:
Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, gridded ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle
Includes an instruction booklet with step-by-step instructions and professional illustrations, rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all rectangles (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces), and a label sheet for keeping organized.
Ability: Very Easy / Beginner