Inspired by classic tailoring, this coat pattern not only looks fabulous but also is an easy, enjoyable make – without the time-consuming tailoring. With a slim, chic silhouette, The Coat offers a modern twist on the woman‘s winter coat. Flattering princess seams feature a clever in-seam pocket, while the modern drop sleeves make for a relaxed yet stylish look.
The Coat sewing pattern is incredibly versatile, working well in a range of fabrics from mid-to-heavy weight coating material to lighter woven fabrics – great for an alternative spring trench-coat. The three quarter length hem is perfect over dresses or trousers, offering both elegance and warmth on a chilly day.
Other features include a notched collar, 2 button front closure, kick pleat and buggy lining (fully faced). Sizes UK 6 - UK 22
What's included in The Avid Seamstress printed patterns:
- Pattern printed on high quality pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All of this is encased in a big, beautiful re-closeable envelope!
Medium to heavy weight wool, wool blends, linens, boucle, melton
Please see the FIND YOUR SIZE tab for fabric requirements.
You will also need:
- 2 x 2-2.5cm buttons
- Bias binding 3 metres (20mm)