Meet our beautiful sewing pattern, The Sun Dress. Perfect for all year round, it's a great look for warmer months when you need a dress that's smart enough for the office yet stylish enough for weekend brunch. Throw a casual jacket or cardigan over the dress when the weather is cooler.
Team it with some luxury fabric and you'll also have your go-to formal dress for a range of occasions from wedding guest to evening events.
The Sun Dress features a fitted bodice with a square neckline, wide modern straps and a button-down front. The bodice has a front side dart and the back a waist dart. A pleated skirt with pockets offers a fun, flattering silhouette as well as comfort and practicality for your day-to-day activities.
The wide skirt hem finishes the look. The dress is fastened by a concealed zipper at the back. Sizing UK 6 - UK 22
What's included in The Avid Seamstress printed patterns:
- Pattern printed on high quality pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All of this is encased in a big, beautiful re-closeable envelope!
The Sun Dress is suitable for light to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton, chambray and linen. Consider making The Sun Dress in light-weight striped linen for a classic take on the French Riviera style.
112cm / 44" wide
UK6 - UK12 = 2.4m
UK14 - UK20 - 2.5m
* Size UK22 needs to be fitted onto 114cm / 45" wide fabric and would require 2.5mts
145cm / 57" wide
UK6 - UK12 - 2mts
UK14 - UK22 - 2.4mts
You will also need:
- 41cm/16" invisible zipper
- 4 x 2cm buttons
- 25cm/20" iron on interfacing