The Romey Gathered Dress & Top pattern is inspired by the Remy Raglan pattern from Sew House Seven. Beginning with the signature (Version #2) Remy keyhole neckline and loose fit, there is a shortened waistline with an elegant empire waist and a gathered skirt or peplum and billowy gathered sleeves at bracelet length. Both dress versions include patch pockets because everyone loves pockets!
With its flowy and oversized fit, the Romey Gathered Dress and Top are considered "secret pajamas" that can be worn casually with sneakers, sandals or boots. Sew one up in a slinkier fabric for a more polished look!
For a flowy and romantic dress or top with less volume, we suggest a drapey fabric such as rayon challis, ecovera challis, rayon/linen blends or sandwashed silk. For a fuller, cottagecore look, linen or cotton lawn is perfect.
- Split front, button detail
- Raglan sleeves with full gathers at the sleeve cuffs
- Gathered skirt or peplum that starts about 1.5”/ 3.8cm above the natural waist
- Optional patch pockets (Dress Versions #2 & #3 only)
- Three lengths: Version #1 - high hip; Version #2 - just above the knee; Version #3 - midi-length
Please see FIND YOUR SIZE tab for fabric requirements
You will also need:
- One button approx. 12mm-20mm
- Fabric scissors
- Iron & ironing board
- Straight pins
- Tailor's chalk
- Hand sewing needle